Translate

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Why It Is Destined To Crash: Brickipedia - Wikia Version

WARNING: THIS MAY NOT SEEM TRUE TO SOME.  ALSO, THE FORMAT OF THIS BLOG POST IS TOTALLY OUT OF WHACK.  I'LL FIX IT SOON.


So as many of you know, I used to be a major editor at Brickipedia, the LEGO Wiki, in which I made 11,595 edits.  Recently though, I left because it was a good time to leave with the crashing of Brickimedia.



Brickipedia has been around since 2006, 7 years.  It has over 20,000 articles, with more coming.

However, Brickipedia is not solid with its users and continues to be in a state of wonder which it has always had.

With the recent crash of Brickimedia, it has become clear that many veteran users are leaving.  This has placed a lot of mayhem and will only continue to get worse.

Brickimedia, if you do not know, was a fork away from Wikia, the Brickipedia host.  Brickimedia was ad free and much easier to communicate with users and lasted two months, until it was hacked and all content was lost.  This sparked controversy and the wiki is in a discombobulated state.  It is only growing worse with the thoughts of reviving Brickimedia and some refusing and what not.
The wiki will soon lose all of its users if it is not careful and pulls order back together.  As for me, I'll sit back and watch.  This is why Brickipedia is destined to fail, mayhem, confusion, anger and chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment